Friday, November 30, 2012




So, it's been a while since I've written anything but I've been super busy with visitors and work. I had the best time with Marian and Chris here, showing them around and getting to pretend like I know a lot about the city was super fun. It was really nice seeing friendly faces of people from home in my new Portland hood. I also got to spend a whole two weeks with Aaron and have a little vacation in Seattle.                              All of it was so amazing but I am ready to get back on track with improving myself. The two weeks Aaron was here were so wonderful it left me feeling so excited for our future. There are so many possibilities to where we will end up pending on grad school acceptance but knowing that we'll be together is the best feeling. However, it still feels forever away so I'm trying very hard to stay positive and focus only on the good things that await. I had my second full therapy session yesterday and I was given the assignment to write down at least 3 good things a day. Most days my anxiety levels are fairly low but occasionally when something unexpected happens I feel very overwhelmed and can't seem to get motivated to do anything. This practice will hopefully help me find the silver lining in things and start to see the good things that are in front of me.    Today was surprisingly warm and sunny so I took advantage fully. I had several errands to run so I hopped on my bike and headed out after my morning yoga and naked juice (which also help immensely with stress and frequent migraines). Somethings that I really love about the northwest are that the trees are so tall and everything is green. It really helps on the gloomy days to still be able to see some color out there. I made my way to a lovely park by the library and some thrift stores I frequent. After wandering a bit I decided to check out a local coffee shop that I've heard good things about in an area I haven't explored yet. So, I sat down enjoyed a raspberry white chocolate muffin and iced coffee, then I wrote my good things for the day. It was very refreshing and luckily my sister sent me an adorable notebook for my birthday which is extra incentive to keep up with my assignment.   Dress Urban Outfitters $10 (black friday), chambray button up shirt H&M $5 (from Goodwill), Shoes Urban Outfitters $8 (black friday). Scarf, crocheted by Renee.

No comments:

Post a Comment